Thursday 3 June 2010

Holiday Blast!

This is a review I did a while ago on my LJ, so I decided to copy it over to here).
I was lucky enough to win the sweepstakes competition on Facebook, where I won an entire collection, and out of the three that were being offered, I chose this one as it was limited.
Came beautifully wrapped.







Here are some swatches I have done. Not the best quality.


Here's a better quality picture of some of the colours.



Ok, so I will go through each shade and say all the good/bad things about it, descriptions etc.


These three are actually my favourites of this collection.

From L to R:
High Heels - Beautiful. One of my favourites. It's wonderful for days when I don't feel like making much effort, but it still looks amazing. Wonderful neutral, yet still very glittery.

Sneak A Peek - Again, another favourite. I didn't like this one at first, though! I've only recently gotten really into natural shades, as before I was very much into the brighter colours. I still am, but I also love all the neautrals, too.

Champagne Toast- I'd say this one is quite similar to High Heels. As you can see from the picture, it's just a tad bit lighter. Although it does have a gorgeous light blue shimmer to it, which didn't really show up very well on the picture.









From L to R:
Cookie Party - Honestly, I don't really like this colour. I'm not really a fan of brown. I don't think I've ever used it, so I recently gave it away to a friend who could give it a better home!

Spiked Punch - Love this. This is one of the more Christmassy colours in the collection, as it is red, with green sparkles in it, and for me red + green just screams Christmas.

Times Square - Again, I don't actually think I've used this one very much. But when I was taking these photos the other day, I realised how pretty it was, so it's more than likely I'll be using it soon. It's a bit like Sneak A Peek and Spiked Punch had a baby.










From L to R:
Regifted - Not a huge fan of this one, gold's are a bit iffy, for me. I've always preferred silver to gold, it's just a personal preference. Still, very festive colour, filled with shimmer and sparkle. Colours like these are sure to get you noticed at a Christmas party!

Tangled Tinsel- This is the epitome of silver. I'm pretty sure it could out-silver Elton John. It goes on beautifully, and stays for hours. Love this colour, definitely recommend it.

Party Dress - This colour, when applied with sealant, is like liquid gold. It would match perfectly with an actual gold party dress! If you like bright, in-your-face colours, then I would definitely recommend this one.










From L to R
Twinkling Lights - This is completely the opposite to Spiked Punch. Twinkling Lights is Green with Red glitter. Again, completely gorgeous. Needless to say, all of these colours are packed with glitter, so they stand out a lot.

Not So Silent Night[ - This colour looks like a beautiful night sky. One of the prettiest blues that Aromaleigh does. Similar to Shadow Witch and Space Oddity.

Almost Midnight - Love it love it love it. Beautiful. As I have green eyes, I am partial to my purples, so this is just heaven for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment